Monday, February 18, 2008

Breaking in...

...for this important story...

We have big big news in the urination department. More of it is ending up in the bathroom! (Note: I did not say "toilet." I do have boys!)

Moosie has decided to potty train himself. All on his own. With Bubba, we tried fighting that battle and lost. He eventually potty trained himself when he was four and a half, during an overnight hospital stay while hooked up to an IV. We decided it wasn't worth the fight with Mooser. We changed his pants, didn't talk about it much, and just went about our business. Last week or so, Moosie woke up dry and exclaimed he had to pee. Today he is wearing big boy underwear (that took a little convincing). And that's that.

Bubba also learned today what the slot in his underwear is for. THANK GOD, he now gets the concept of not dropping his drawers to pee. Unfortunately, he needs a little more practice, and his face scrunches up intently and hand disappears like he is performing a search and rescue when it's time to do his business... I know this because he was very proud when I came home and, much to me bewilderment, had to show me what daddy taught him.

4 comments:

Niksmom said...

ROFLPIMP!! THIS is what I have to look forward to with Nik??? Oy vey!

Guess Daddy forgot to tell Bubba that he shouldn't go around showing that trick to everyone! LOL

Stimey said...

I love it that you make the distinction between bathroom and toilet. I'm totally with you there.

Casdok said...

So am i!
Its such a huge step!

Pegster said...

Moosie's in big boy pants!!! YEAH!!!!Think of all the money your going to save on diapers! that combined with the money from our benevolent president and the recession is over for you. Happy dances all around.