Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How does your garden grow?


We've got tiny bean sprouts now, probably ready to harvest when we are ON VACATION! Ugh. But I did collect the arugula this afternoon and had some nice greens in my wrap. Rachael Ray would be proud; she likes her some arugula. Time to cut the Green Ice lettuce as well...so at least I'll have eaten something besides radishes before leaving the tendering (and eating) to our neighbors while we're gone.

Some of the cucumbers and one of the pumpkin plants has grown like 2 feet in a week. I have a lot of pretty herbs growing, and a basil plant that is the size of a large Mum! I think I could smell basil all day long... mmmmmmmmmm.

Even so, all I can think of is the new Thin Mint GS cookie Blizzard at DQ. If it's even half as good as the Edy's packaged version, I am all over it.



The flowers don't really show up on the cell phone pictures, but, I really enjoy sitting on the porch surrounded by them drinking a beer with Hubby when he gets home from work. That's our new summer tradition. I like it. Back in the day I was adamant that we wouldn't have beer in our fridge, since I didn't want the husband in the recliner drinking a beer kinda marriage. Instead I got the husband hunched over the computer/cell phone with only his mouse/keypad hand moving kinda marriage...


Last week








This week







2 comments:

Daisy said...

Love the pictures! Mine isn't as photogenic. I blame the weeds; I can't keep up with them. As long as they don't take the nutrients and the sun from my veggies, I'm okay with a few weeds.

Club 166 said...

Guess I missed this when you posted it. Sorry I used the same title. :(

Everything looks great! Don't you love how pumpkin plants just spread all over the place? I swear if I stood in the garden for several hours those plants would wrap themselves around my legs!

Hope you're having a great vacation!

Joe