Thursday, October 2, 2008

Politics

Bubba has been curious about the presidential race. We have been counting signs in the neighborhood, tallying them, using our estimates to decide the winner on November 4th. Bubba and Moosie have been exposed to the debates, and they watched each debate for a few minutes and asked us questions.

According to Bubba, Obama should win because we have had "too many white presidents." He decided this after we looked through a book of past presidents. McCain almost had him with his military background, but lost Bubba's vote because he doesn't "want a girl assistant." As awful as it sounds, the reasoning behind this is simply because, like most 8-year-old boys, he "doesn't like girls."

Even if you don't think they are, the kids are listening...to the political ads, the off-color discussions, the media coverage, the debates and rallies, and everything in between.

Who did the kids pick?

1 comment:

geosaru said...

Yeah, I remember when I was about 6 or 8 and the Lewinski/Clinton thing was going on..there was a jump rope song about it.

As sexist as it is, I'd have said the same thing about a "girl assistant" when I was his age, even though I myself am a girl. It's a growing process.

I wish that Huckabee had had Obama's platforms, because I think it would be awesome to have a president with that name. :)