Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter weather

The news folks here keep stressing that people should stay off the roads and stay home unless absolutely necessary. Then they go to a live shot and other reporters talk about how it took them three hours to get to that location.

I am stuck at home with two boys who are ready to either explode or implode, one of which is sick. I think me leaving home is more urgent than their road trips to film snow and mushy streets.

A friend of mine called to see if I needed anything while she was out. As we ended the call, I told her to stay safe and she told me to stay sane. She knows what I'm dealing with here...two snow days backing right into the weekend, right after a four-day holiday weekend...not the pleasant makings of fun and relaxing times.

No comments: