Monday, December 4, 2006

Martyr Mom

OK, because I think everyone should feel my pain...

Bubba is off school today AGAIN. This is day 5 of no school. Remember, 4 days off for Thanksgiving, and in 2 weeks we have Christmas break...or Holiday Break...or whatever the hell they call it.

So today I was on the phone with various therapists and doctors... with screaming kids and growling dogs in the background, kids running out of the house into the ice with no shoes on, kids throwing their candy icing gingerbread house all over the kitchen during a pretend army battle...you get the idea.

I haven't even touched my massive to-do list that I created 2 weeks ago because my "in the moment" to-do list never ends.

Today we went to pick up my glasses (so I can stop wearing my half-glasses while I work (Moosie broke one of the arms off months ago), ordered Bubba some new glasses (he destroyed his in a meltdown a few weeks ago), and then I called therapist for private therapy for Moosie, a doctor for vision therapy for Bubba, called another doctor to fax Bubba's records so he can have vision therapy, faxed Moosie's new evaluation to the school in preparation for his IEP, and scheduled his IEP for next week. Crap, that reminds me of the other things I need to do before 4PM.

By the way, if you're wondering why I have time to type this? I don't. My kids are now pulling files out in my office, so I have probably paid dearly for this little vent. In the time it took to type the previous sentence, both boys ran upstairs and slammed the door. Chances are they will be across the street by the time I get upstairs.

Tonight when Hubby gets home I get to work. Yeah. Happy frick'n Holidays. :)

No comments: