Sunday, December 10, 2006

Fit to be Tied

For those of you keeping track, Bubba now has the labels of ADHD and PDD-NOS velcroed to him. I think that has him and Moosie tied. Tied for what, I'm not sure.

I tried fighting the system, but have caved in to get my kiddos what they need...funding for equipment, assistance in schools, etc. It's ridiculous that they can't get certain things unless they have certain diagnoses, regardless of what issues are affecting them and impacting their access to successful, meaningful lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are more 'fortunate' than you as both my boys have severe speech delays, as well as a wide variety of other labels, but it the speech delay that is the 'ticket' to services.
that said, there is no substitute for the loving one on one care provided by a parent such as yourself.
Best wishes to you and yours