Friday, April 18, 2008

What's shaking?

I woke up this morning around 4:30. Hubby was already up...why? I don't know. But all of the less sturdy things in the house were shaking? We were walking around hearing/watching things shake. And then it stopped. Nothing going on outside. Nothing on inside. Nothing is on the news. Though the news is on this early, which surprised me! WTF? This is the first night in MONTHS that my children have slept more than 1 consecutive hour. *sigh* And here I am, unable to go back to sleep. Damn it. Ghost or earthquake? Or furniture that has come alive? Or a mom and dad that just need more sleep?

Update: It was a freaking earthquake. In the midwest. Weird. Makes me wish I would've paid attention in highschool during the *big earthquake* scare in the early nineties (the New Madrid fault line is in the southern portion of the state). Wonder if I should dust of the ol' solar blanket....

Oh goody, something else I can obsessively monitor! *smile*

Update two: Just felt another one. I don't like this rattling. Apparently lots of minis: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-90.-80_eqs.php

4 comments:

Niksmom said...

Ooh, I saw that headline this morning and wondred if any of my bloggy buddies were effected. Hope you got some more sleep!

Club 166 said...

I slept right thru it. Liz got up right afterward, mostly because Buddy Boy was up with it.

Joe

Stimey said...

I spent the first 30 years of my life living in four different places, all of which were on semi-major fault lines. Earthquakes are crazy things. It's pretty intense.

Anonymous said...

Come and move her sweetie.

We don't have earthquakes or tornadoes or snow...

Glad you are all OK.