Friday, January 25, 2008

What a difference

What a difference a day (and a clean house) makes.

It's amazing, my children being children doesn't piss me off, and I can now laugh at these pictures, which were not funny at the time.

This is Bubba doing his homework. He had read for 10 minutes earlier, but it was time for his favorite part (NOT) of writing one sentence about the book. Apparently he needed special homework clothes, which is where the headband and spiderman shirt come in. He had to change before doing his writing.


This is him asking me which sentence he should write. I can ask him questions about what he read and he does pretty well, but if he has to write his answer, that's a little more difficult. So he has taken to copying a sentence for his "one sentence." Fine with me. Homework is nothing but "compliance" in our house anyhow. I hate homework. It sucks.


This is Moosie showing me his homework (because he has to be doing everything Bubba is doing).


This is Moosie 'walking' his homework in a bag full of other crap he had collected that night. He walked it around and around and around the table. Not so funny when it was totally distracting his brother and prolonging homework hell. And yes, that is Hubby in the background, as helpful as ever, scratching his man bags and causing more distraction. Just kidding. He's rarely home during homework time (or anytime before 9PM thanks to his job), but I was SO happy he was home last night. For the most part.


And do you see my clean shiny floor? Only took me an hour to scrape all of the crap Moosie had decoupaged to the ceramic last week.

8 comments:

Stimey said...

Seriously, I was all homework, schmomework, look at that woman's floors! Your hour was well spent. It's beautiful.

I love the walking of the homework.

Niksmom said...

ROFL at hubby and his "man bags!" Sheesh, I don't think my floors have ever looked that good —even when they were new!

Hmmm...decoupaged floors; could catch on big one day!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, house cleaning is on my list, it's about 129 to go!
Cheers

Casdok said...

Love the photos!
Homework clothes! Excellent!!

Pegster said...

Nice sweatband. Why do you even own one of those anyway? Well, I'm sure glad the manbag shot made the cut. Super hilarity. Nice flours, both kitchen and living room.

Anonymous said...

Bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaa!!!

'Hubby in the background, as helpful as ever, scratching his man bags and causing more distraction.'

Sounds like mine.

'And do you see my clean shiny floor? Only took me an hour to scrape all of the crap Moosie had decoupaged to the ceramic last week.'

I have the same problem and the SAME TILES! I hate them with every fibre of my being.

And Boo starts back at school on Wednesday. And there WILL be homework. I am shuddering at the thought!

Unknown said...

Hehehhehhehe. You said manbags.

I've sort of wondered why children under the age of 9 or 10 are given homework. It seems so pointless.

Anonymous said...

Your husband is clearly an urbane, sophisticated gentleman.