Sunday, February 4, 2007

40 Pounds

So I start recording my efforts today, though I began eating healthier last week (mostly cut out soda, increased water, and reduced portions and breads). I think it finally hit home that if I don't get in shape, it doesn't matter what I do with my life, it'll be over before I know it.

It's going to be tough for many reasons, but mainly it hurts to be on my feet (aka exercise) because of my tarsal tunnel and nerve issues. But I'm going to try and do more ball and core exercises to combat that. If I could lose 15 to 20 pounds, I think my feet would be remarkably better.

I have set up rewards for myself for every 5 pounds lost. It was really difficult figuring out rewards that are nonfood based and things I wouldn't just do/buy anyhow! My big big BIG reward is that if I lose 40 pounds (not impossible, but something I haven't weighed for 10 years) and maintain that weight for 6 months, then I am getting a hot tub. Do we have money for a hot tub? No. Do I care about that right now? No. So don't discourage me you nay sayers!

So 1 Slimfast shake and 1 watter bottle down...here I gooooooooooooo........

No comments: