Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Consequence for Whom?

I just completed copying, documenting, and organizing the material for two child complaints (over an inch of letters, documents, etc.). It took me nearly 3 hours, so I ask, since I doubt the school will even get a slap on the wrist, who is this really punishing?

In case it matters to you, the complaints are regarding Bubba's related service of language being terminated last school year based only on IQ scores versus language evaluation scores (it was not an IEP team decision) and the nonexistence of or denial of access to Bubba's related services data and records. Nothing to go to Due Process over at this point (he is now being "reevaluated" in language because of my pestering I guess), so I thought I'd chance the complaints. *shrug*

Now I have to figure out how to make up 3 hours of paid work. For now I am going to bed--it's 1:30 AM.

Oh and for those of you who haven't been exposed to special education or special education law, be thankful.

Edited to add that I just spent nearly $18 to mail it next day delivery to get it to the state department of education office within the year time limit (1st occurrence happened on 2/28/06). Ugh.

No comments: